It is almost a complete analog of S65, differs in support of Push
to Talk, more memory (64 MB) and a lack of expansion slot and a camera.
In addition to a usual mail there is a support of RIM BlackBerry that is interesting
mainly to corporative clients. The device has an unordinary opening mechanism that got the name
of cross-to-type (x2type). The presence of QWERTY keypad shows that the device is oriented on
businessmen. The main weakness is the lack of a camera.
- General features
- Announced in August 2004, official announcement on the 1 of August
2004, in the market since November 2004
- Battery type Li-Ion 750 mAh
- Battery life:
- talk time up to 6 hours
- standby time up to 250 hours
- Full charging time is a bit more than 2 hours.
- Graphical display with the resolution of
132x176 pixels shows up to 65000 colours, up to 9 text lines.
- Java (MIDP 2.0)
- Color - black silver
- Weight: 144 g
- Dimensions: 120x47x22 mm
- Capacity 115 cc
- Call log of last 10 missed, incoming and outgoing calls
- 11 MB of memory are shared dynamically between all the applications.
- Several numbers for a name in the phone book, 14 fields in general. Up to 2000
names with all the fields filled in
- 5 users' groups, 3 are editable and two aren't (others, received).
There is a possiblity to assign an icon and a call signal to a group.
- Birthday and anniversary memo
- 64 MB of memory and 30 of them are available to a user.
- Call management, ringing tones
- Vibrating alert
- Polyphonic melodies, 40-tones
- Speed dialing for 8 numbers
- Automatic redial (up to 10 attempts)
- Voice codes - EFR, HR, FR, AMR
- User profiles
- Integrated loud speaker
- A possibility to send and receive ringtones and animated images
- A possibility to send group message
- Predictive text input Т9 (including Russian)
- Input in Russian
- Concatenated messages up to 760 characters in length
- WAP 2.0
- MMS (rel. 4)
- GPRS class 10
- Integrated mail client - SMTP, POP3, IMAP4
- RIM BlackBerry
- Over the Air interface
- USB/RS232 synchronization with PC,
synchronization of the mail program data, organizer and phone book
- Push to Talk
- Organizer and extras
- Organizer supports different kinds of events. A possibility to keep memos up to 50 characters in length,
set reminders for them even recurrent. Calendar - day, week and month view.
- To-do list
- Time, date
- Countdown timer, stopwatch
- Alarm clock, a possibility to set it for certain days of the week
- Calculator, currency converter
- Screen savers
- Games - Chess Master, Golf, Sea battle
Eldar Murtazin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published 22 August 2004
[ 31-07 16:21 ]Sir Jony Ive: Apple Isn't In It For The Money
[ 31-07 13:34 ]Video: Nokia Designer Interviews
[ 31-07 13:10 ]RIM To Layoff 3,000 More Employees
[ 30-07 20:59 ]Video: iPhone 5 Housing Shown Off
[ 30-07 19:12 ]Android Fortunes Decline In U.S.
[ 25-07 16:18 ]Why Apple Is Suing Samsung?
[ 25-07 15:53 ]A Few Choice Quotes About Apple ... By Samsung
[ 23-07 20:25 ]Russian iOS Hacker Calls It A Day
[ 23-07 17:40 ]Video: It's Still Not Out, But Galaxy Note 10.1 Gets An Ad
[ 19-07 19:10 ]Another Loss For Nokia: $1 Billion Down In Q2
[ 19-07 17:22 ]British Judge Orders Apple To Run Ads Saying Samsung Did Not Copy Them
[ 19-07 16:57 ]iPhone 5 To Feature Nano-SIM Cards
[ 18-07 14:20 ]What The iPad Could Have Looked Like ...
[ 18-07 13:25 ]App Store Hack Is Still Going Strong Despite Apple's Best Efforts
[ 13-07 12:34 ]Infographic: The (Hypothetical) Sale Of RIM
[ 13-07 11:10 ]Video: iPhone Hacker Makes In-App Purchases Free
[ 12-07 19:50 ]iPhone 5 Images Leak Again
[ 12-07 17:51 ]Android Takes 50%+ Of U.S. And Europe
[ 11-07 16:02 ]Apple Involved In 60% Of Patent Suits
[ 11-07 13:14 ]Video: Kindle Fire Gets A Jelly Bean